8-Ball Classic Championship: August 7-10
8-Ball Classic Championship
Players meeting August 6 at 19:30
Entry €350 (€50 goes towards Grand Final, €50 to admin costs and green fees)
€42,000 Total Prize Fund based on 128 players
Semi final €3,000
Quarter final €2,000
Last 16. €1,200
Rules and Format
All decisions made by Tournament Director are final.
- Lag for break
- Alternate break
- Rack your own with template – opponent not allowed to check the rack.
- Break from anywhere within the kitchen
- Must contact head ball first (the 1-Ball) and 4 balls must hit a rail or you must pocket a ball for a legal break.
- If an illegal break occurs, the incoming player has choice of:
- Playing the table as it lies
- Taking ball in hand in the kitchen and playing the table
- Re-racking and breaking
- Force the original breaker to break again. 2 Illegal breaks in a row will constitute a loss of game.
- Scratch on the break: cue ball must be placed behind the head string and shot down table, first ball contacted must be outside of the kitchen.
- Take what you make on the break. If you make one of same number of each suit you have a choice but higher suit count determines your suit for play.
- If you scratch on the break it is an open table, no matter how many balls were pocketed.
- Playing stripes onto solids and vice versa is never allowed.
- You cannot win or lose on the break with the exception of 2 illegal breaks in a row.
- If a player pockets the 8-Ball on the break they can either play the table as it lies or choose to re-break.
If there is a foul or scratch on the break, the incoming player has the same choice.
- If a referee is racking, the player is allowed to check the rack but cannot ask for a re-rack.
AT THE TABLE
- Jump Shots
- No jump cues allowed.
- You are only allowed to jump with your playing cue and at any time.
- Three foul rule in effect. All fouls result in ball in hand anywhere on table except a foul on the break.
- Slow play will result in 30 second shot clock per shot.
- Timeouts: Two 3-minute timeouts per player per match are allowed and should be taken in-between sets if playing sets.
- If timeouts are used, player may ask for an additional timeout in event of an emergency.
- There will be a 20-minute intermission after 2 Sets in the Finals of the Main Event.
- It is a call ball and call pocket game. All obvious shots do not have to be called, however kicks, caroms, banks and combos should be called. However it is up to the non-shooting player to ask what is being played if it is unclear or the shot will be considered obvious and stand. Only the ball and pocket have to be called, not how the shot is actually executed (i.e. if you shot your object ball into the opponent’s ball which is blocking a pocket and both go in that is a good shot).
- On any illegally pocketed ball – ball in wrong pocket, accidentally pocketing a ball but not making the called shot etc. The incoming player can choose to make the offending player shoot again.
- Everything else is WPA Rules https://wpapool.com/rules-of-play/
- Alternate Break
- Double Elimination Race to 11
- last 16 Single elimination race to 13
- Final race to 17
- Limited to 128 players
- Official table Rasson Victory 11 TV Arena
- Official Cloth Simonis 860 Tournament Blue
- Official Balls Aramith Pro cup Tv Balls
- Rack Accu-rack Template
- Mosconi Cup Ranking
- WPA Ranking
The shootout applies if the race is hill/hill, shootout must be won by 1 shot.
- Lag for the choice of who shoots first.
- There are 5 different shots which will be marked on the table with the 10-Ball always on the foot spot:
- Shot 1: Cue ball in hand in the kitchen shot into choice of foot pocket.
- Shot 2: Cue ball on head spot shot into the right foot pocket.
- Shot 3: Cue ball placed in line with the first diamond on the head rail and side rail on the right side of the table and shot into left foot pocket.
- Shot 4: Cue ball placed in line with the first diamond on the head rail and side rail on the left side of the table and shot into right foot pocket.
- Shot 5: Cue ball placed in the center of the kitchen shot into left foot pocket.
- Sudden Death: Cue ball in the center of kitchen shot into choice of foot pocket.
- Light colored shoes, sneakers, jeans, hats and headphones/earbuds are not allowed.
- Players must wear dress slacks, (no jeans, no denim looking pants, no denim studs)
- Collared shirt or polo tops (UTG tops acceptable);
- Collared/polo top not required for ladies, but shoulders and torso must be covered.
- Dark dress shoes or black athletic shoes (no white soles, or light on black colors, etc.).
- No ankle socks (black socks are encouraged)
- 1st violation of dress code will result in a warning.
2nd violation will result in a 1 game loss.
3rd violation will result in disqualification.
Dress code violations carry from event to event for the entire season.
- Players should arrive 30 minutes before scheduled matches.
- If the player is not present at the table after the match is called, 1 rack will be deducted per 5 minutes late.
- After 30 minutes, the player will be deducted 2 racks per 5 minutes late until time expires or match ends by racks.
- All players must act in a professional manner at all times while at the event.
- No dumping of matches will be allowed.
If caught dumping, you will be banned from the WPS and reported to the WPA.
- All players must make themselves available for interviews.
- No Facebook live allowed on the streaming table but for all other matches, you are encouraged to do so.
The WPS has arranged a hotel deal with Hotel Yesterday.
A special rate of €45 for a double room and €41 for a single room can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and mentioning the special booking code (WPS-IDM).